2015 Marketplace enrollment begins Saturday, November 15
Changes to western Wisconsin plans make insurance more affordable. When the Marketplace opens for 2015 enrollment on Saturday, November 15th residents of Pierce, Polk and St. Croix Counties will find rates down 17% this year, a welcome relief after the 2014 open enrollment cycle, when our region had some of the highest premiums in the country.
Premium subsidies are available for individuals and families from 100%-400% of the federal poverty level, and those below 250% of the federal poverty level will qualify for additional financial assistance with deductibles, co-insurance and co-pays. Those already enrolled in a plan through the Marketplace are encouraged to visit the Marketplace to update their information and review available plans and costs. Under provisions of the Affordable Care Act, those who choose not to secure health insurance will be fined. Penalties for 2015 will increase to $325/person ($162.50/child) or 2% of income, whichever is higher.
Individuals looking for more information are invited to attend one of the free information and enrollment sessions being offered throughout the region. The sessions will provide an overview of the Marketplace and insurance plans offered in our region. Information sessions will be offered from 5:00 – 6:00 PM and enrollment assistance will be provided from 5:00 PM – 8:00 PM.
The informational portion will give the public an overview of the Affordable Care Act (ACA) and the federal Health Insurance Marketplace with guidelines and tips for signing up online, by phone, or by paper application. The enrollment portion will provide applicants an opportunity for personal assistance with a certified application counselor, Navigator or qualified insurance agent/broker to apply for or re-enroll in health insurance in the Marketplace.
Important Items Consumers Should Consider Bringing With Them:
- Social Security Numbers for every member of the family
- Income information for every member of your family
- Pay stubs
- Tax returns
- Policy and coverage information for any current insurance plans covering members of your household
Additional dates the public should be aware of are:
- November 15, 2014: Open Enrollment begins. Apply for, keep, or change coverage.
- December 15, 2014: If your plan is changing, or you want to change plans, enroll by December 15, 2014 to have coverage to start January 1, 2015.
- December 31, 2014: Coverage ends for 2014 plans.
- February 15, 2015: End of Open Enrollment. Last day to apply for 2015 coverage
Important Online Resources:
- Federal Marketplace for consumers to apply, re-enroll, and report changes: https://www.healthcare.gov/
- Apply for WI Public Programs for Health, Nutrition, and Child Care: https://access.wisconsin.gov/
- Statewide communications about Health Insurance Marketplace and WI: https://www.e4health.org/
- Regional Enrollment Network and WI Health Care Options: https://www.dhs.wisconsin.gov/health-care/